How do I request a refund (Android)?
If it’s less than 48 hours since you bought an app or made an in-app purchase, you can request a refund through Google Play. If you bought music, movies, books, or other content, you may be able to request a refund after more than 48 hours.
This is the quickest way to find out if Google will give you a refund. You’ll usually get a decision within 15 minutes.
- Open a web browser on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Copy https://play.google.com/store/account and paste it into the address bar of the web browser.
- Make sure this is in a web browser and not the Google Play Store app. You can't request a refund in the Google Play Store app.
- Scroll down to "Order History" and find the order you want to return. To the right of the order, select More (three dots) Menu.
- Select Report a problem.
- Choose the option that describes your situation, complete the form, and say that you would like a refund.
- You will see a message saying, "thank you for sharing your concerns." Later you will receive an email about your refund.
(Please note that these steps should only be taken after you have contacted our support team via this link - firstname.lastname@example.org. Any refunds taken without contacting the support team will result in the contents of the purchase being removed from your profile whether the purchase was successful or not.)